New generic Top Level Domains
ICANN makes public the first registration requests
Following the liberalization of new gTLDs, ICANN (InternetCorporation for Assigned Domains and Numbers) has recently published on its website the list of applications for registration submitted this far.
If you are looking to registering a domain in one of the new gTLDs already submitted to ICANN, or if you want to get updates on one or more extensions amongst those potentially available, please send us a request for further information. Our experts will send you updates and additional information, providing professional advice on advantages and benefits of new gTLDs.Contact us
New Generic Top-Level Domains
The launch of .brand domains is aimed at creating new business opportunities and leveraging a brand's online presence. The new domains will be available to register with both ASCII and IDN (non latin) character sets. They fall into four categories:
- Brands (.nike .canon .sky)
- Generic terms (.web . sport .shop .eco .music)
- Geolocal (.london .paris .miami .sydney)
- Community (.bike .surf)
If you own the specific technical, financial and operational requirements, you can request a new gTLD until April 12th, 2012. During the month of May 2012 ICANN will release the list of new gTLDs and their applicants. Soon after will follow a period of time to present objections through established procedures.
The monitoring service is advisable to constantly monitor the situation and protect brand names from risks or abuses.
Details of the offer
- general introduction on new gTLDs li>
- list of requests filed for new gTLDs as published by ICANN li>
- analysis of the list of gTLDs published by ICANN on the basis of information received by the customer li>
- reporting of opportunities and risks for any new gTLDs in relation to client's brand or geographical pertinence li>
- advice on actions to take in case of opportunities or risks
Request the monitoring service